My dog just ate the chocolate bunny out of my Easter basket. Is that bad for him?
The chemical, theobromine, exists in higher levels in darker chocolate.
If Peter Cottontail was made with white chocolate, you probably don’t have to worry much and should just keep a close eye on your dog for the next few hours to make sure he doesn’t get sick. If the bunny was made from dark chocolate, over 4 ounces, and your pup weighs less than ten pounds, it would be a good idea to get to the vet as soon as possible to head off any adverse reactions.
Before you accost your local pet store manager for stocking chocolate treats, check the label. Most chocolate dog treats are actually carob, which is harmless, or contain levels of theobromine so low that even a miniature pooch could handle them.
Kingdom Of Pets: SitStayFetch: Dog Training To Stop Your Dogs Behavior Problems.Click Here!